- Quantum info using BECs
- Exciton-polariton condensates and new quantum technologies
- Atom chips for quantum information
- Quantum information theory: entanglement and coherence
- Quantitative biology
- Relativistic quantum information
- BEC-BCS crossover of polaritons
- Novel light sources using exciton-polariton condensates
- Optimization using BECs
- Join us
As NYU Shanghai Assistant Professor of Physics and member of the NYU-ECNU Institute of Physics, Prof. Tim Byrnes has been selected as one of the “Thousand Talents Program for Distinguished Young Scholars” ( “2016 青年千人计划”), an initiative of the Chinese government to attract high-level talent from overseas to work in China.
China initiated “the Recruitment Program of Global Experts” (known as “the Thousand Talents Plan”) since the end of 2008, under which it would bring in overseas top talents to China over the next five to ten years. Relying upon National Key Innovation Projects, National Key Disciplines and National Key Laboratories, central SOEs and state-owned commercial and financial institutions, and various industrial parks( mainly the high-tech development zones), this plan called for strategic scientists or leading talents who can make breakthroughs in key technologies or can enhance China’s high-tech industries and emerging disciplines.
By the end of May 2014, more than 4180 overseas high-level talents have been introduced in “1000 Talent Plan” by 10 times. When they go (back) to China, they are playing a positive role in the scientific innovation, technological breakthrough, discipline construction, talent training and hi-tech industry development, as an important force in the construction of the innovative country.
Shanghai New York University News: http://shanghai.nyu.edu/news/distinguished-young-scholar
- “Frogs” in BEC April 8, 2018
- Professor Byrnes Was Interviewed by Xinhua News March 26, 2018
- Journal Figure as Kaleidoscope March 9, 2018
- Video: Condensate Duo Puts on a Show February 19, 2018
- APS TV interviewed Professor Tim Byrnes February 15, 2018
- A New Paper in PRL February 15, 2018
- Chandra and Ebube Won BOCO Global Scholar January 15, 2018
- Chandra Won a Prize in Outstanding Paper Competition! December 22, 2017
- Article in NYU Shanghai Gazette September 10, 2017
- Article in Financial Times August 18, 2017