- Quantum info using BECs
- Exciton-polariton condensates and new quantum technologies
- Atom chips for quantum information
- Quantum information theory: entanglement and coherence
- Quantitative biology
- Relativistic quantum information
- BEC-BCS crossover of polaritons
- Novel light sources using exciton-polariton condensates
- Optimization using BECs
- Join us
Good news here!!!We are awarded Navigation and Surveillance Communications Award Winner 2015 for our research The Polariton Interferometer – a novel inertial navigation system by Dr Fred Moxley.
The Polariton Interferometer was developed as a novel inertial navigation system, exemplifying navigation and surveillance communications. Current technologies require signals from a complex satellite and ground station network to correct measurement errors.
The Polariton Interferometer provides orientation information in a compact device design, allowing vehicles to operate independently of signals.
The judging panel commented:
“The sheer novelty and disruptive nature of this entry really attracted the attention of the judges.
“This technology has the potential to revolutionise global navigation, with consequent impact on numerous other applications.”