- Quantum info using BECs
- Exciton-polariton condensates and new quantum technologies
- Atom chips for quantum information
- Quantum information theory: entanglement and coherence
- Quantitative biology
- Relativistic quantum information
- BEC-BCS crossover of polaritons
- Novel light sources using exciton-polariton condensates
- Optimization using BECs
- Join us
Postdoctoral Research Associate
NYU – ECNU Joint Physics Research Institute
Room 1214, NYU Shanghai
2015 Postdoctoral Fellow – New York University Shanghai, China.
2013-2014 Postdoctoral Fellow – National Chung Hsing University, Taiwan
2011-2013 Postdoctoral Fellow – Institute of Mathematical Sciences, India
2006–2011 Ph.D in Physics – Theoretical Physics, University of Madras, india
2002-2004 M.Sc Physics, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, India
Chakrabarti R, Chandrashekar R, Mohammed S S N. Rigid rotators and diatomic molecules via Tsallis statistics[J]. Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, 2008, 387(18): 4589-4598.
Chakrabarti R, Chandrashekar R, Mohammed S S N. Nonextensive statistics of the classical relativistic ideal gas[J]. Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, 2010, 389(8): 1571-1584.
Chakrabarti R, Chandrashekar R. Extended Curie–Weiss law via Tsallis statistics[J]. Journal of Statistical Mechanics: Theory and Experiment, 2010, 2010(09): P09007.
Chandrashekar R, Mohammed S S N. A class of energy-based ensembles in Tsallis statistics[J]. Journal of Statistical Mechanics: Theory and Experiment, 2011, 2011(05): P05018.
Chandrashekar R, Segar J. Adiabatic thermostatistics of the two parameter entropy and the role of Lambert’s W-function in its applications[J]. Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, 2013, 392(19): 4299-4315.
Chandrashekar R, Chinnarasu R, Jambulingam S. A Fractional Entropy in Fractal Phase Space: Properties and Characterization[J]. International Journal of Statistical Mechanics, 2014, 2014.
Aizawa N, Chandrashekar R, Segar J. Lowest weight representations, singular vectors and invariant equations for a class of conformal Galilei algebras[J]. Symmetry, Integrability and Geometry: Methods and Applications, 2015, 11(0): 2-19.
Chandrashekar R, Parthasarathy M, Jambulingam S, and Tim Byrnes. Distribution of quantum coherence in multipartite systems[J]. Physical review letters, 2016, 116(15): 150504.
Aizawa N, Chandrashekar R, Segar J. Representations of conformal Galilei algebra with integer spin and an application[C] Journal of Physics: Conference Series. IOP Publishing, 2015, 597(1): 012008.
Chandrashekar R, Parthasarathy M, Jambulingam S, and Tim Byrnes. Coherence Trade-off relations in Multipartite systems[C] Journal of Physics: Conference Series. IOP Publishing, 2016, 752(1): 012003.
Chandrashekar R, Manikandan P, Segar J, and Tim Byrnes. Quantum Coherence of the Heisenberg spin models with Dzyaloshinskii-Moriya interactions[J]. Scientific Report 7, 2017: 13865.
- Prof. Tim Byrnes Sharing His Idea on Quanta Magazine July 26, 2018
- Professor Byrnes on Money Morning May 14, 2018
- USTC-LSU-Calgary-NYU Collaboration April 22, 2018
- Our work featured in ScienceDaily April 8, 2018
- Professor Byrnes Was Interviewed by Xinhua News March 26, 2018
- Our work featured in Kaleidoscope March 9, 2018
- Our work featured in Physics February 19, 2018
- APS TV interviewed Tim February 15, 2018
- Generalized Grover algorithm paper in PRL February 15, 2018
- Chandra and Ebube win BOCO Global Scholar January 15, 2018
- Chandra wins prize in outstanding paper competition! December 22, 2017
- NYU Shanghai Gazette features our interview September 10, 2017
- News article in Financial Times August 18, 2017
- Another news article in Financial Times July 18, 2017
- NYU-ECNU Institute of Physics at NYU Shanghai featured in Physics World July 10, 2017
- News article in Financial Times China March 28, 2017
- News article in Sina Finance March 28, 2017
- News article in Valor Economico March 28, 2017
- News article in Financial Times about China as a tech superpower March 21, 2017
- Tim interviewed by Pudong TV for 1000 talents award July 26, 2016