- Quantum info using BECs
- Exciton-polariton condensates and new quantum technologies
- Atom chips for quantum information
- Quantum information theory: entanglement and coherence
- Quantum finance
- Quantitative biology
- Relativistic quantum information
- BEC-BCS crossover of polaritons
- Novel light sources using exciton-polariton condensates
- Optimization using BECs
- Join us
Room 1214, NYU Shanghai
2010 – present Biomedical team leader, Institute of Atomic and Molecular Sciences, Academia Sinica – Taipei, Taiwan.
2008 – 2012 Laser plasma Engineer, Institute of Atomic and Molecular Sciences, Academia Sinica – Taipei, Taiwan.
2006 – 2007 Intern, Center for Measurement Standards, Industrial Technology Research Institute – Hsinchu, Taiwan.
Y.-C. Liu, S.-M. Chen, J.-H. Liu, H.-W. Hsu, H.-Y. Lin, and S.-Y. Chen, Mechanical and photo-fragmentation processes for nanonization of melanin to improve its efficacy in protecting cells from reactive oxygen species stress, Journal of Applied Physics, 117, 064701, 2015.
Y.-C. Liu, J.-H. Liu, S.-M. Chen, H.-W. Hsu, H.-Y. Lin, and S.-Y. Chen, Application of Nanonized Melanin to Protecting Cells from Acute Oxidative Stress, Physical Society of Republic of China Annual Meeting, Hsinchu, Taiwan, 2015.
Y.-C. Liu, J.-H. Liu, S.-M. Chen, H.-W. Hsu, H.-Y. Lin, and S.-Y. Chen, Dramatic Improvement of the Efficacy of Melanin on Protecting Cells from ROS Stress by Its Nanonization, Symposium on Atomic and Molecular Sciences, Taipei, Taiwan, 2014.
Y.-C. Liu, J.-L. Yen, H.-W. Hsu, H.-Y. Lin, and S.-Y. Chen, Advancement of Medicine with Light – Cancer Therapy and Tissue Engineering, Academia Sinica Open house, Taipei, Taiwan, 2014.
Y.-C. Liu, J.-H. Liu, S.-M. Chen, H.-W. Hsu, H.-Y. Lin, and S.-Y. Chen, Nanonization of Melanin by Laser-Induced Photo-Fragmentation for Resolving Structure and Improving Antioxidant Activity, SFRBM’s 21st Annual Meeting, Seattle, USA, 2014.
Y.-C. Liu, S.-M. Chen, J.-H. Liu, H.-W. Hsu, H.-Y. Lin, and S.-Y. Chen, Production of Nanometer-Sized and Water-Dispersible Melanin for Biological and Medical Applications, TechConnect World Conference and Expo, Washington D.C., USA, 2014.
Y.-C. Liu, S.-M. Chen, J.-H. Liu, H.,-W. Hsu, H.-Y. Lin, and S.-Y. Chen, Nanonization of melanin and evaluation of the antimicrobial efficacy of melanin nanoparticles, Asian Core Winter School, Taipei, Taiwan, 2014.
Y.-C. Liu, S.-M. Chen, J.-H. Liu, L.-Y. Lin, P.-C. Su, H.-C. Hsu, H.-Y. Lin, H.-H Chu, J.-Y. Lin, J. Wang, and S.-Y. Chen, Nanonization and solubilization of melanin with ultrashort-pulse photo-fragmentation and its application as therapeutic medicine, Physical Society of Republic of China Annual Meeting, Hualien, Taiwan, 2013.
Y.-C. Liu, J.-S. Lee, Study of bioeffects after exposure to radio-frequency electromagnetic fields (master thesis), National Yang-Ming University, 2007.
- Another interview in Harvard Crimson May 29, 2020
- Interview by Columbia Spectator February 25, 2020
- NY Times interview February 10, 2020
- Appearance in Harvard Crimson article February 5, 2020
- Le Monde article on Hong-Ou-Mandel experiment September 5, 2019
- Thermal Hong-Ou-Mandel experiment in PRL August 22, 2019
- Quanta magazine podcast interview August 1, 2019
- Science suffers collateral damage as US, China tensions rise July 8, 2019
- USTC collaboration featured in PhysicsWorld May 17, 2019
- Prof. Byrnes Sharing Viewpoints on TTP March 19, 2019
- Tim interviewed by Financial Times March 19, 2019
- Prof. Tim Byrnes Featured in Times Higher Education March 19, 2019
- Work Featured on the Website of NYU-ECNU Institute of Physics November 21, 2018
- Paper Figure Displayed in Phy.Rev.A’s Kaleidoscope November 8, 2018
- NYU Shanghai features our work on quantum clock synchronization August 31, 2018
- Prof. Tim Byrnes Sharing His Idea on Quanta Magazine July 26, 2018
- Professor Byrnes on Money Morning May 14, 2018
- USTC-LSU-Calgary-NYU Collaboration April 22, 2018
- Our work featured in ScienceDaily April 8, 2018
- Professor Byrnes Was Interviewed by Xinhua News March 26, 2018